Swiss Cheese and bacon tartsFrom elgab89 5 years ago
- Crust: shopping list
- 250 g flour shopping list
- 125 g butter shopping list
- 1 spoon bacon drippings shopping list
- 1/2 glass water shopping list
- dash of salt shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 300 g cottage cheese or ricotta shopping list
- 1-3 spoons milk shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1/3 cup grates swiss cheese shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- bacon bits shopping list
How to make it
- I usually start by frying about 150g diced bacon, set aside the bacon bits and make my own bacon dripping.
- Mix well all the ingredients for dough. I just do it directly on my cleaned counter, so I can stretch the dough a few times, than roll it, make a ball of dough, wrap it in plastic wrap and leave it in the fridge 5- 6 hours or overnight. Spread it again and cut up rounds with a glass. Arrange the dough at the bottom of muffin pan for the crust.
- Filling: Mix the cheese until it becomes creamy (the instructions in the books are to mix it with a wooden spoon - I use my hand mixer). Add the milk. Add eggs one by one and continue to mix. Add the Swiss cheese, salt and pepper. If the mix is too thick add more milk, if it is too runny add more cheese. Add the bacon bits and mix. Fill up the tart crusts 1/3 and bake.
- There are no baking instructions, I usually set my oven temperature at 350F and bake for 40-45min (check after 30min - each oven is different).
- Serve them still warm.
- Bon Appetit!
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookelgab89 Toronto, CA
The Rating9 people
nice recipe! I love swiss cheese & bacon
jett2whit in Union City loved it
The old family recipes are the best! This looks delicious.morninlite in Kalamazoo loved it
That gets my five! Swiss, bacon and eggs can't go wrong! :-)tazoncaffeine in Manchester loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!