Grilled Chicken with Spinach and Pine Nut PestoFrom canzi 8 years ago
- 4 boneless chicken breasts shopping list
- 2 cups lightly packed baby spinach leaves (about 2 ounces) shopping list
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1 to 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel shopping list
- 1/3 cup plus 2 teaspoons olive oil shopping list
- salt and black pepper shopping list
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan shopping list
How to make it
- Heat a grill pan on medium high heat.
- Lightly oil the grill pan. Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Grill the chicken until cooked through, about 5 minutes per side.
- Combine the spinach, pine nuts, lemon juice, and lemon peel in a processor.
- Lightly pulse.
- With the machine running, gradually add 1/3 cup of the oil, blending until the mixture is creamy.
- Add salt and pulse.
- Transfer the spinach mixture to a medium bowl.
- Stir in the Parmesan.
- Season the pesto with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Spread the pesto over each piece of chicken and serve.
The Cookcanzi San Diego, CA
The Rating4 people
I can see why this is one of your favorites and one you make often. I made this for dinner last night and it knocked our socks off. It is now a regular in my home as well. Thanks for sharing.chefmeow in Garland loved it
This is so good! Yummy yum yum.gwencampbell in Chula Vista loved it
Wow I would have never known pesto was so easy. Gotta try this. Mouth is watering already. Love Pesto! Yeah! Thanks.dottiet in Woodward loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!