Lemon Kiss Ice Cream PieFrom keni 5 years ago
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 1/2-3/4 cup sugar(depending how sweet you want the lemon layer) shopping list
- 4 egg yolks, slightly beaten shopping list
- juice from fresh lemons to make 1/3-1/2 cup shopping list
- zest from 1 lemon shopping list
- Pre baked pie shell(you can use pastry, graham, sugar cookie, even chocolate, to your preference) shopping list
- 1q vanilla ice cream(a lesser quality ice cream is actually fine to use, here...I suggest just a plan vanilla, though, not vanilla bean, french vanilla, etc)SLIGHTLY softened(until just spreadable) shopping list
- For topping, you can use fresh whipped cream, frozen whipped topping or a true meringue. shopping list
How to make it
- Add sugar to beaten egg yolks and stir to combine.
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium low heat. When melted, lower slowly add egg/sugar mixture, stirring constantly and cook until begins to thicken, about 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add lemon juice and zest.
- Spread 1/2 the ice cream in bottom of pie crust.
- Refrigerate lemon mixture and freeze ice cream/pie crust for 1 hour, each.
- Spread half lemon mixture over first layer of ice cream.
- Top with remaining ice cream, then last layer of lemon.
- Top with preferred topping and zest from more lemon, for color.
- Freeze at least another 6 hours or so, or overnight, before serving.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookkeni Sweet Home, AL
The Rating6 people
Yummy. I love lemon desserts of every kind and this one sounds fabulous. Great post. You have my 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
Sounds great! I love the old Pet Ritz Lemon cream pies. This reminds me of that! Thank you for sharing!Gotta give you a 5 here!dmajor in Slidell loved it
YUM, sounds devine. Good dessert to fix during these scorching hot summer days. You have my 5henrie in Savannah loved it