Debs Squash CasseroleFrom dmajor 8 years ago
- 4 cups cooked yellow squash, mashed shopping list
- 1 stick butter shopping list
- 1 large onion, sliced shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 6 slices of hickory smoked bacon,cooked crisp and crumbled(I use Wrights) shopping list
- 1 cup sliced green onions shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 cup crushed Ritz crackers shopping list
- 8 oz. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350
- Saute onions and garlic in butter until tender.
- Place squash, sour cream, green onions, soup and cream in a large bowl.
- Mix well and season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon squash into buttered baking dish or casserole dish.
- Top with onion mixture.
- Sprinkle with bacon and cheese.
- Top with cracker crumbs.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or until nicely browned.
The Cookdmajor Slidell, LA
The Rating7 people
This looks super!pleclare in Framingham loved it
Now that sounds really good, I'll be getting some squash when I go to the grocery store this week and making this one. I love Squash Casserole. Thanks so much for adding this recipe here, you have my 5henrie in Savannah loved it
I love squash casseroles and yours sounds soooo delicious and decadent. Look at all those flavor buddies of mine in one dish...*swoon*. Thanks so much, Deb - I'll be making this very soon. I love good comfort foods....yumm! Hugs, Vickielunasea in Orlando loved it