Cultured ChickenFrom busmamawilliams 5 years ago
- 3 pounds chicken pieces (your choice); skinned & cut into serving-size pieces shopping list
- 1 Tablesp. vegetable oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup sliced scallions (use green tops, as well); divided into two portions shopping list
- 2 and 1/2 cups canned, diced tomatoes shopping list
- 3/4 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1 Tablesp. snipped fresh dill, or 1 teasp. dried shopping list
- 1/2 teasp. sugar shopping list
- 1 teasp. Goya adobo seasoning ( one with blue cap ) shopping list
- 1/4 teasp. freshly-ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup plain, low-fat yogurt shopping list
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan shopping list
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley; (omit rather than substitute dried parsley flakes) shopping list
- Dash of hot pepper sauce (Tabasco) shopping list
How to make it
- 1) Lightly brown the chicken pieces in the oil in a large skillet that has a cover.
- 2) Add 1/4 cup of the scallions to skillet & cook the chicken & scallions over low heat for about 2 minutes. Turn off heat.
- 3) In a blender or food processor, combine the tomatoes,buttermilk, dill, sugar, adobo seasoning,pepper & hot pepper sauce. Puree mixture until smooth.
- 4) Pour pureed mixture over chicken, bring contents of skillet to boil, reduce heat, cover pan & simmer the chicken for about 20 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- 5) Stir in the yogurt & parmesan cheese & heat chicken until sauce is very hot but not boiling. Serve chicken sprinkled with the remaining scallions & chopped parsley.
The Cookbusmamawilliams Clifton, NJ
The Rating4 people
so much respect given to such a wonderful bird! Thank youtazoncaffeine in Manchester loved it
Hi Claudine, this recipe sounds fabulous. Do you serve with noodles? Thank you for sharing... Cherylcherylannxo in Santa Nella loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!