Cultured ChickenFrom busmamawilliams 6 years ago
- 3 pounds chicken pieces (your choice); skinned & cut into serving-size pieces shopping list
- 1 Tablesp. vegetable oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup sliced scallions (use green tops, as well); divided into two portions shopping list
- 2 and 1/2 cups canned, diced tomatoes shopping list
- 3/4 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1 Tablesp. snipped fresh dill, or 1 teasp. dried shopping list
- 1/2 teasp. sugar shopping list
- 1 teasp. Goya adobo seasoning ( one with blue cap ) shopping list
- 1/4 teasp. freshly-ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup plain, low-fat yogurt shopping list
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan shopping list
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley; (omit rather than substitute dried parsley flakes) shopping list
- Dash of hot pepper sauce (Tabasco) shopping list
How to make it
- 1) Lightly brown the chicken pieces in the oil in a large skillet that has a cover.
- 2) Add 1/4 cup of the scallions to skillet & cook the chicken & scallions over low heat for about 2 minutes. Turn off heat.
- 3) In a blender or food processor, combine the tomatoes,buttermilk, dill, sugar, adobo seasoning,pepper & hot pepper sauce. Puree mixture until smooth.
- 4) Pour pureed mixture over chicken, bring contents of skillet to boil, reduce heat, cover pan & simmer the chicken for about 20 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- 5) Stir in the yogurt & parmesan cheese & heat chicken until sauce is very hot but not boiling. Serve chicken sprinkled with the remaining scallions & chopped parsley.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookbusmamawilliams Clifton, NJ
The Rating4 people
Hi Claudine, this recipe sounds fabulous. Do you serve with noodles? Thank you for sharing... Cherylcherylannxo in Santa Nella loved it
so much respect given to such a wonderful bird! Thank youtazoncaffeine in Manchester loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!