Cream Cheese Pear BarsFrom keni 7 years ago
- cookiE CRUST: shopping list
- 1 pkg butter or sugar cookies, finely crushed shopping list
- 10 T butter, melted shopping list
- FILLING: shopping list
- 3 fresh pears, cored and sliced shopping list
- 1/4 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 2T cornstarch shopping list
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg shopping list
- juice from 1/2 lemon shopping list
- ----------------------------- shopping list
- 12oz cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 3T honey shopping list
- 2tsp vanilla(or 1 each vanilla and almond) shopping list
- TOPPING: shopping list
- 1 1/2 sticks butter, softened shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups flour shopping list
- 1 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1 cup shredded coconut or finely chopped nuts or oats shopping list
How to make it
- Combine crust ingredients in glass 9X13 dish adding butter, slowly to get right amount to form mixture able to press into bottom to form crust.
- Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes until crumbs lose their shiny appearance and just beginning to brown on edge.
- In medium bowl, combine pears, lemon juice, cornstarch, 1/4 cup brown sugar and nutmeg and toss to combine.
- Whip cream cheese and add honey. Mix until combined.
- Add egg and combine, again.
- Add vanilla and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Combine all topping ingredients and cut together until crumbly mix is formed.
- Pour cream cheese mixture over crust, them top with sliced pears(remove from bowl with slotted spoon so as not to get too much liquid with them.
- Crumble topping completely over pears.
- Bake about 45 minutes until brown and bubbly.
- Cool some before cutting into squares. Serve with ice cream or fresh whipped cream seasoned with a bit of nutmeg, if desired.
- **Apples can be substituted in this recipe and cinnamon replacing the nutmeg, but I do prefer the pears.
People Who Like This Dish 22
The Cookkeni Sweet Home, AL
The Rating4 people
OMG--these sound wonderful...I'm bookmarking them to make this weekend...thanks!!witchywoman in Longview loved it
OMG- this sounds sooo good, Keni. I have to try - Nice pic too. ; ')justjakesmom in Everett loved it