Cream Of Jalapeno Soup-ciFrom keni 8 years ago
- 1 stick butter shopping list
- 1 large or 2 medium onions, chopped shopping list
- 2 bell peppers, chopped shopping list
- about 6 jalapeños, chopped and seeded, or mostly seeded, depending on desired heat shopping list
- 1/2 cup flour shopping list
- 6 cups chicken or vegetable stock shopping list
- 4 cups heavy cream or half and half shopping list
- 4 cups shredded colby/monterey jack cheese shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
How to make it
- In large soup pan or dutch oven, melt butter and add onions and both kinds of peppers and cook until just tender.(about 10 minutes)
- Add flour and cook, stirring constantly about 2 minutes until thick and bubbly.
- Slowly add stock, stirring constantly to ensure there are no lumps.
- Increase heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer about 10 more minutes.
- Add cream and salt and pepper and mix to combine, then, add cheeses and stir until just melted and warmed through.
The Cookkeni Sweet Home, AL
The Rating11 people
Man! I could eat this by the spoonful! Good thing that's how you eat soup! LOL Spicier the better.justjakesmom in Everett loved it
Sounds heavenly, anything with jalapeños and cheese is my kind of food!
mrjwjohnson in Delmar loved it
Sounds like just the right soup for a bread bowl!!! Thanks again, Keni!!! You rock!!!sharyl4 in Mohave Valley loved it