Cob Smoked Limoncello Herb Turkey BreastFrom crabhappychick 8 years ago
- 1 thawed turkey breast shopping list
- 1/2 stick butter, softened shopping list
- 1/2 c. fresh basil, chopped shopping list
- 4-6 stems fresh rosemary, leaves removed shopping list
- good handful fresh marjoram shopping list
- 4 large garlic cloves, chopped shopping list
- juice and zest of 1/2 lemon shopping list
- 2 T. limoncello shopping list
- 1 T. kosher salt shopping list
- healthy grinding of fresh black pepper shopping list
- 6 corn cobs - stripped of corn (use corn for something else), broken in half. shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare smoker putting additional herbs in water along with a few extra garlic cloves and the leftover lemon half (after juicing and zesting).
- Loosen skin of turkey breast by running your hand between the breast and the skin. Set aside.
- Put the butter and herbs, garlic, lemon juice, zest, limoncello, salt and pepper in a food processor and process until well blended. Put half of mixture under the skin on one side of the breast and the other half on the other side. Using the heat of your hands, smooth and spread the herbed butter evenly over the breast under the skin. Salt and pepper the outside of the breast well.
- Put the breast upside down into a roast rack and place into smoker. Add half of the cobs under the heating element of the smoker - add the rest of the cobs as necessary. Cook the breast until done, turning rightside up halfway through the process. When done, let the bird rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Enjoy.
The Cookcrabhappychick Pittsburgh, PA
The Rating6 people
Fabulous! I love the ingredients in this one.bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
Terrific! :)noir in Boston loved it
Fabulous!marky90 in Dearborn loved it