Elaines Rice Flour Whole Wheat BunsFrom chefelaine 8 years ago
How to make it
- Prep the yeast in the warm water, and add about a teaspoon of sugar to feed the yeast
- Combine the rice flour with the whole wheat flour
- add the salt and sugar.
- Add the eggs, and stir in well to combine all ingredients
- Add the oil
- Add the yeast mixture after is has begun to work.
- Allow the dough to rest for ten minutes, covered with a damp cloth
- After resting, knead the dough, turning and folding gently. This dough does not require kneading to the smooth and blistered stage.
- Form dough into a ball and proof in warm place, covered with damp towel,until roughly doubled in bulk. Cover the dough ball with oil to prevent drying out.
- Shape your buns on an ungreased baking tray, and allow to rise until nearly doubled in bulk.
- Bake at 350*F until golden brown, and the rolls sound hollow on tapping.
- Allow to cool completely before removing from baking tray.
The Cookchefelaine Muskoka, CANA
The Rating28 people
I sure remember these buns, Elaine. You made these the last time Candy and I were up. I went ahead and rated them, because I know how good they were; I hope that's okay with me only being a new member.dagnabbit in Barrie loved it
They look fabulous!
Midgemidgelet in Eastern loved it
Going to Try These with A Few Favorite Dishes...
Thanks fo Sharing This - I Love Homemade Breads and Rolls!!! High 5chef_irish in Gainesville loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!