Bean And Garlic Sausage CassouletFrom sas 6 years ago
- Serves 6 shopping list
- * 1.5 cups dried cannellini beans shopping list
- * 350 - 400 grams good country garlic sausage, sliced into rounds about 1/4 inch thich shopping list
- * 2 cups beef stock shopping list
- * 1 large yellow onion, sliced shopping list
- * 5 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- * 2 small carrots, peeled and sliced into coins shopping list
- * 1 large (896 ml) tin chopped tomatoes in juice shopping list
- * 1 teaspoon dried thyme shopping list
- * 2 bay leaves shopping list
- * 1 teaspoon herbes de provence shopping list
- * 1/2 cup fresh parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Soak beans overnight or at least 4 hours in warm water, drain, rinse and add to a 6 quart slow cooker.
- In a large frying pan, lightly sprayed with oil, quickly fry the sausage rounds at medium high heat for 6 to 7 minutes until sausage begins to brown, add onion and continue to cook and stir for 3-4 minutes more until onion begins to soften.
- Transfer contents of pan into the slow cooker and use the beef stock to deglaze the pan. Add all remaining ingredients to the slow cooker, except the parsley. Cook on the high setting for 3 to 4 hours. Remove from heat and stir through the parsley. Have a taste before you add any salt or pepper as, depending on the sausage and stock used, there may be no need for salt.
- Serve in chunky earthenware bowls topped with buttered fried breadcrumbs or with fresh French bread. This is even better the second day!
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cooksas Farmington, CT
The Rating6 people
Alright you... how did you sneak this by earlier? Sausage and beans? I love it! I must agree with you, the extra care does make it special! And coming from you, I'm not surprised one bit.
Are you taking care of yourself? If you don't, ...moreshine in Rainier loved it
Excellent cassoulet recipe!!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
Very nice, hearty comfort food...and you can't go wrong with that. High 5, Sas - and thanks! :) Vickielunasea in Orlando loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!