Roasted Red PeppersFrom notyourmomma 8 years ago
How to make it
- Get an outdoor charcoal grill good and hot.
- Put on as many whole washed raw red peppers as will fit on the grill.
- Cook them until blackened all over, turning them as they char.
- Throw them in a closed paper sack.
- Staple it shut.
- Come back in an hour.
- You should be able to slide the skins right off, with a little help from a sharp paring knife.
- Take the core, stem and seeds out.
- This will be an awful mess, but it's worthit.
- Layer them in a glass air tight container, lightly sprinkled with salt and crushed red pepper flakes and good olive oil.
- Store in the refrigerator at least one day.
- When ready to use, bring to room temperature, take out what you need and cut into long strips.
- Serve with chunks of mozzarella, provolone, good olives, anchovies, salami and a good chewy crusty bread.
- Also good on sandwiches!
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
The Rating4 people
Great post, NYM...:)wynnebaer in Dunnellon loved it
this is a winner...peetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
Ilove roasted red peppers and I need friends like that!elgab89 in Toronto loved it