CRACKLIN CORN BREADFrom linebb956 6 years ago
- hunk of salt pork chopped into squares and rendered crispy shopping list
- 1 cup flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoon double action baking powder shopping list
- 1 tablespoon sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3/4 cup stone ground corn meal shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 2 slightly beaten eggs shopping list
- 4 tablespoons bacon drippings shopping list
How to make it
- Mix all dry ingrendents in a bowl
- Add wet ingredents including bacon drippings
- add pork cracklins
- Mix well.
- Bake in a cast iron pan or a 8x8 square at 425 for 25-30 minutes.
- I hope you enjoy..
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cooklinebb956 La Feria, TX
The Rating4 people
I have been looking for a recipe for this for a long time. Thanks for posting this. It looks wonderful and fits the bill of what I was looking for.coffeebean53 in Charlotte loved it
loved this tymystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
Was brought up on cracklin cornbread! And I have been so hungry for it. I used to make it, but have been unable to buy the cracklins at the grocery store for quite sometime. I have never made my own cracklins, so I believe I just might do that in a...morerosemaryblue in CollegeTown loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!