White Pizza With Fennel Goat Cheese Rosemary And MoreFrom divaliscious 7 years ago
- The prep time could be less, depending upon how long it takes your dough to double in size. The first list is for your basic pizza dough, which you can then use to make your own pizza with your favorite toppings....I then list what I used for my fennel inspired white pizza. shopping list
- Pizza Dough: shopping list
- 1 entire package of yeast shopping list
- 1 cup hot water 110 degrees shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 2-1/2 - 3 cups flour shopping list
- 1/8 cup of corn meal shopping list
- cookie sheet shopping list
- bowl shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- Leah's White Pizza with Fennel: shopping list
- 1 fennel bulb, sliced thin with reserved frawns set aside shopping list
- 2 tablespoons or less fresh chopped fine rosemary (I love rosemary, can never get enough, so I use about 3 tablespoons) shopping list
- 1 small onion shopping list
- 2-3 garlic cloves minced shopping list
- kosher salt, fresh cracked pepper shopping list
- red chili flakes (totally optional) shopping list
- 1/4 cup or more of parmesan cheese freshly grated shopping list
- 1/2 cup of shredded fresh mozzarella cheese shopping list
- 1/4 cup olive oil or less shopping list
How to make it
- To make pizza dough, by hand or with mixer with dough hook, add yeast to bottom of bowl and add hot water to yeast, let yeast 'bloom' for five minutes.
- Add olive oil, then 2 cups of the flour.
- Mix to form a soft wet dough.
- Then add 1/2 cup more of flour first to the mix, it should then be ready - if you think the flour is still too wet, add a little more, but no more than an extra 1/2 cup... or else your dough will be very hard - and think tough pizaa - ugh!.
- Line bowl and gently drizzle a little olive oil into bowl.
- Create ball and put into bowl, greasing the top of the ball dough with the olive oil.
- Cover with clean dish towel and set in a warm spot in your kitchen to allow dough to double in size - anywhere from 30 to 80 minutes...
- I usually place my dough in the oven with it turned off, it doubles very quickly this way.
- Sprinkle your cookie sheet with a little corn meal.
- Once doubled, you have two options
- option one: turn out onto floured working surface, work with fingers or rolling pin, and roll out into a pie or rectangular shape.
- Option Two: which is what I do and is way easier, I simply keep the dough in my hands, and slap/throw back and forth the dough between my two hands to stretch it out. I then place it on the cookie sheet that has been sprinkled with a little corn meal. Stretching it further into place, let it rest for five minutes if dough keeps springing back - it will be easier to stretch.
- Let rest for 20 minutes will allow the dough to rise again slightly if you want a spongy pizza.
- Do not let is rest if you want a thinner crust, simply top right away with your toppings and off it goes into the oven.
- Top with your favorite toppings and cook in 425 degree preheated hot oven for 15-25 minutes depending upon your ingredients.
- To Make Leah's Fennel White Pizza:
- After you have made the pizza dough, add crumbled goat cheese, shredded mozzarella cheese on top of dough.
- Add thinly slice up onions (I've used combination of scallions, bermuda, shallots, yellow, etc) and sprinkle over the pizza dough.
- Add garlic, sliced fennel, salt, pepper, rosemary - sprinkling each ingredient as evenly as possible over pie dough.
- Drizzle with olive oil, then add parmesan cheese.
- Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes or until pie dough is ready.
- I usually pull the pizza off the cookie sheet onto a cutting board and slice.
- Cut into strips to serve as a side, or larger slices to serve up as a meal.
- The green bell peppers I added tonight really worked out super...
The Cookdivaliscious Dutchess County, NY
The Rating4 people
FABULOUS! Love it and so will my friends.
Great post, Leah!
xtippystclair in North Hollywood loved it
Oh Leah, The Fennel, Goat Cheese, Olive Oil, and Cornmeal-awesome combo for a fabulous feast! Markymarky90 in Dearborn loved it
Delicious grown-ups pizza! Saved!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!