Simply the Best Fried ChickenFrom sosousme 8 years ago
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken, cut into 8 pieces shopping list
- 2 cups low fat buttermilk shopping list
- 2 tablespoons paprika shopping list
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder shopping list
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon onion powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste shopping list
- all-purpose flour, for dredging shopping list
- vegetable oil, for frying shopping list
How to make it
- Place the chicken pieces in a bowl or plastic container and pour buttermilk over, the chicken should be covered in buttermilk, if not, add more. Cover and refrigerate for 8 - 12 hours.
- Pour oil in a large skillet (electric is good to maintain even heat) to a depth of 1/2 inch. Heat to 325 degrees F.
- Drain the chicken in a colander. combine the salt, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder and cayenne pepper. Season the chicken. Dredge the chicken in the flour and shake off any excess.
- Place the chicken skin side down into the pan. The oil should come to about half-way up the pan, maintain a temperature of 325 degrees. Cook the chicken until golden brown on each side, about 10 - 12 minutes per side. Remove the chicken when it is well browned and has reached an internal temperature of 180 degrees (juices run clear).
- Drain the chicken on a rack over a sheet pan. Do not put the chicken on paper towels or paper bags as this will soften the coating, do not keep the chicken warm in the oven as this too will soften the coating. The chicken is good hot, or even at room temperature.
- Per Serving: 593 Calories; 45g Fat (9g Sat, 24g Mono, 9g Poly); 37g Protein; 10g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary fiber; 139mg Cholesterol; 912mg Sodium. If you take the skin off then you have Per Serving: 436 Calories; 29g Fat (4g Sat, 18g Mono, 6g Poly); 33g Protein; 10g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 108mg Cholesterol; 893mg Sodium.
The Cooksosousme Santa Rosa, CA
The Rating8 people
"5"FORK!!!!! for the 'Fried Chicken' recipe that, in my humble opinion, is the Best on the planet!
"Its the BUTTERMILK SOAKING" that is the Secret!
~*~ mjcmcook ~*~mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
super soaked buttermilk fried chicken....i gotta say I never knew the secret....until now!! Thank you!!jett2whit in Union City loved it
5 forks,copied and flagged,you are a great cook!!!!lanabade in Goshen loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!