Stuffed HamburgersFrom sunny 6 years ago
- 3 pounds ground chuck shopping list
- coarse salt to taste shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 3 ounces thinly sliced fresh mozzarella shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh herb leaves, such as oregano or basil shopping list
- mayonnaise or vegetable oil, for brushing shopping list
- 6 hamburger type buns, such as sesame or kaiser rolls shopping list
How to make it
- Using your hands, combine beef, 3 teaspoons salt, and the pepper in a bowl. Shape into 6 balls. Scoop a heaping tablespoon from center of each; reserve.
- Fill each burger with 1/2 ounce mozzarella and 1/2 teaspoon herbs; season with salt to taste.
- Press the reserved meat over filling, pinching to seal. Gently flatten into patties (about 5 inches in diameter). Refrigerate, covered, until cold, about 1 hour.
- Preheat grill to high (if using a charcoal grill, coals are ready when you can hold your hand 5 inches above grill for just 3 to 4 seconds). Brush grill and burgers with oil. Grill, flipping once, about 4 minutes per side for rare or 10 minutes per side for well-done. Lightly coat buns with Mayo and toast, if desired. Serve burgers on buns
People Who Like This Dish 22
The Cooksunny Portland, OR
The Rating9 people
Oh yum, nothing like a good burger!organicmama in loved it
I love this!organicmama in loved it
We made these and they are delicious! Thanks for sharing!!shelleybeanz73 in Ashland loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!