Cheese Biscuits and Country HamFrom chefelaine 6 years ago
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2-1/2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup cold butter shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar, preferably orange-colored shopping list
- 1 to 2 green onions, very thinly sliced, or 1/4 cup snipped shopping list
- fresh chives shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk or sour cream shopping list
- 8 oz thinly sliced Virginia or other mild country ham shopping list
- 2 to 4 tbsp mustard or chutney shopping list
How to make it
- Arrange rack just above center of oven; preheat to 450ºF
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or coat with cooking spray.
- Stir flour with baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Using a pastry blender or two knives, cut in butter until only small bits are visible.
- Add cheddar and green onions, tossing until evenly distributed.
- Makes 40 individual tasty appetizers!
- Pour in buttermilk; stir until dough forms.
- Turn out onto lightly floured surface; pat until 1/2 -inch thick.
- Cut with a 1 1/2-inch round biscuit or preferred cookie cutter.
- Place about an inch apart on baking sheet.
- Bake above oven center for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden.
- Cool on a rack.
- Slice cooled biscuits in half.
- Cut or fold ham to fit on bottom half.
- Add a dab of mustard or chutney; replace top and serve.
- (Filled biscuits can be made ahead, covered and refrigerated; then heated uncovered in a 350ºF oven for 5 minutes.)
People Who Like This Dish 10
- thatsmystyle Hamilton, CA
- bakerygirl Seattle, WA
- greekgirrrl Huntington Village, NY
- angieaugusta Adelaide, Australia
- elgab89 Toronto, CA
- dagnabbit Barrie, CA
- momo_55grandma Mountianview, AR
- zena824 Somewhere, USA, AR
- imnocook Kitchener, CA
- m11andrade Kankakee, IL
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookchefelaine Muskoka, CANA
The Rating16 people
WOW..your cookin'! :)HIGH^5!lanacountry in Macon loved it
Im really loving these babies.... sounds delicous..zena824 in Somewhere, USA loved it
tasty ham busicuit thanks Chefmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!