Chicken PicataFrom thegoldminer 9 years ago
- 2 full boneless chicken breasts or 8 boneless tenders. shopping list
- 1 cup flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp lemon pepper shopping list
- 1/2 tsp paprika shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/4 cup milk shopping list
- 6 tbsp butter shopping list
- 3 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 cup wine shopping list
- juice of 2 fresh lemons shopping list
- 3 tbsp capers and juice shopping list
How to make it
- 1.If fresh breasts, place each breast between wax paper to pound chicken flat. Then cut in half, then cut each length wise. If you are using the frozen chicken tenders, defrosted of course, just use from the bag. Thawed frozen taste just fine.
- 2. TO 1 CUP FLOUR ADD LEMON PEPPER, PAPRIKA, SALT.
- 3. BEAT 1 EGG AND ¼ CUP MILK. DIP EACH BREAST IN MIX , THEN DIP EACH BREAST IN FLOUR MIX AND LAY IN A SINGLE LAYER ON WAX PAPER.
- 4. IN A LARGE NON-STICK FRYING PAN HEAT 3 TABLESPOONS BUTTER AND 3 TABLESPOONS OLIVE OIL (OIL HELPS PREVENT BUTTER BURNING). BROWN AND COOK ALL CHICKEN BREASTS. WHEN DONE PLACE BREASTS ON A PLATE.
- 5. COOK ON “HI” 1 CUP WHITE WINE. BRING TO A BOIL THEN ADD JUICE OF 2 LEMONS, 3 TABLESPOONS CAPERS AND JUICE, AND 3 TABLESPOONS BUTTER. BOIL A LITTLE, THEN RETURN CHICKEN TO PAN. REDUCE HEAT TO MEDIUM AND COOK FOR ABOUT 5 MINUTES.
- 6. SERVE TO PLATES, SPOONING ON CAPERS AND LEFT OVER SAUCE. THIS IS A KILLER DISH.
The Cookthegoldminer Sacramento, CA
The Rating9 people
This dish was great! Chicken Picata is one of my favorite dishes and this one was fun to make.
Thanks!nikkoruns in Asheville loved it
This is my 28yr old daughter very favorite dish and I am hoping that I can get her to cook this with me.My son is the cook in the family but this fab recipe may win her over.Your pics are out of this world!!!!nanny in Haddam loved it
Another winning recipe!!! I'm a little concerned though when I see a picture of 2 beautiful cats and this is a chicken recipe!!! LOLlor in Toronto loved it