Lamington bar cakeFrom ahmed1 6 years ago
- ¾ cup butter, softened shopping list
- ¾ cup caster sugar shopping list
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1 ¼ cups self raising flour shopping list
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder shopping list
- Icing: shopping list
- 1 ¾ oz dark chocolate, broken into pieces shopping list
- 5 tbsp milk shopping list
- 1 tsp butter shopping list
- ¾ cup icing sugar shopping list
- About 8 tbsp shredded coconut shopping list
- 150ml heavy cream shopping list
How to make it
- Lightly grease a 1lb loaf tin about 3x10inches.
- Cream together butter and sugar until fluffy. Gradually add eggs, beating well after each addition. Sieve flour and cocoa powder. Fold into the mixture. Pour the mixture in the prepared tin and level the top. Bake in a preheated oven, 350F, for 40 minutes or until springy to the touch. Leave to cool for 5 minutes in the tin, and then turn out to a wire rack to cool.
- Place chocolate, milk and butter in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of hot water. Stir until the chocolate has melted. Add the icing sugar beat until smooth. Leave to cool until thick enough to spread, and then spread it all over the cake. Sprinkle with the shredded coconut and allow the icing to set.
- Cut a V – shape wedge from the top of the cake. Put the cream in a piping bag fitted with a star nozzle. Pipe the cream down the center of the wedge and replace the wedge of the cake on top of the cream. Pipe another line of cream down either side of the wedge of cake. Serve.
The Cookahmed1 Cairo, EG
The Rating14 people
Wow- I really like the presentation on this one. It's quite different from your recent posts. Another winner, Ahmed!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
Great pictures and recipe... easy to prepare and wonderful presentation... thanks again Ahmed .berry in Riverside loved it
great as usual!midgelet in Eastern loved it