Fudgy Chocolate Layer Cake with raspberry Chambord Whipped Cream FillingFrom ravenseyes 7 years ago
- • 1 1/2 cups sugar shopping list
- • 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- • 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- • 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- • 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- • 1 cup buttermilk shopping list
- • 3 large eggs shopping list
- • 2 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract shopping list
- • 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened shopping list
- • 2 ½ tbsps. espresso coffee (dried) shopping list
- • 1 cup hot water shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 325°. Line the bottoms of two 8" round pans with rounds of parchment paper. Spray pans and paper with vegetable cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk buttermilk, eggs and vanilla.
- In another small bowl or glass measuring cup, melt the butter in the espresso grounds and hot water.
- Using an electric hand mixer, beat half of the buttermilk mixture into the dry ingredients at low speed. Beat in half of the coffee mixture, scrape down the bowl. Beat in the remaining buttermilk and coffee mixtures. Pour into the pre lined pans and bake for 30 minuets or until the cake slightly crakes or pops back….this may very for elevation and climate.
- 1 Pint Raspberries
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- ¼ cup water
- Bring the water and sugar to a boil add raspberries and cook down till you have a syrup (nearly jam consistency). Cool and set aside
- Once cake is cooled cover each layer of cake with 1 ½ ounces of Chambord liquor add 1/3 of your raspberry mixture and spread over the top of each layer.
- Whip 1 pint of Whipping Cream to near peak add ¾ cup confectioners sugar and ½ tsp vanilla. Whip till peaks appear.
- Place one half of the whip cream mixture over the first two layers and spread evenly.
- 4 ozs. Bittersweet chocolate
- ¾ cup cream
- Bring cream to a boil (sitting constantly) add chocolate remove from heat and cover for 5 minutes – uncovered and whisk fill smooth. Allow the Ganache to cover the top of the cake and drizzle down the sides. If you are watching your calories this is not the cake for you – but if you love chocolate – yummy!!!!
People Who Like This Dish 13
The Cookravenseyes Belcamp, USA 21017
The Rating7 people
wow !!! what a pretty cake and i love all the ingredients too yummmmmmmmm thanks high 5 to yaminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
YUM... and a High 5peetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
That just looks and sounds totally INCREDIBLE! High 5!! Plus it was super-nice of you to make it for your neighbor!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it