Sweet Potato Pecan PieFrom mountainmama 7 years ago
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust shopping list
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted shopping list
- 1 cup cooked and mashed sweet potatoes shopping list
- 2 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup shopping list
- 1 cup evaporated milk shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans shopping list
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream shopping list
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup hazelnut liqueur shopping list
- 1/4 cup pecan halves shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Prepare dough for one 9 inch pie. Refrigerate until ready to bake.
- Blend together the butter, sweet potatoes, eggs, brown sugar, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, salt, corn syrup and evaporated milk. Pour filling into crust and sprinkle with chopped pecans.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until inserted knife comes out clean. Set aside to cool.
- Beat together whipping cream, sugar and liqueur until soft peaks form. Top pie with whipped cream and pecan halves.