Ebingers of New York Orange Cappucino Pudding Cake with Kicked Up Whipped CreamFrom sparow64 8 years ago
- CAKE: shopping list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup packed (I mean really packed) golden brown sugar shopping list
- 2 rounded tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 3 tsp. orange zest shopping list
- 1/2 cup orange juice (I used the juice of the above oranges plus some pulp). shopping list
- 2 Tblsp. vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk shopping list
- 2 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips shopping list
- PUDDING SAUCE: shopping list
- 1 1/4 c hot water shopping list
- 1/4 c instant coffee shopping list
- 1/4 c cocoa shopping list
- 1/3 cup granulated white sugar shopping list
- KICKED UP whipped cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup whisky (Kentucky bourbon) - Jack Daniels or Jim Beam shopping list
- 1 good capful vanilla essence. shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter an 8 inch square baking dish
- In a bowl stir together flour, and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together orange zest, orange juice, brown sugar, egg, vanilla, then mix in the butter.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry, blending until JUST mixed. (Do NOT over mix!!!) Batter will be thick.
- Pour into the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top.
- PUDDING SAUCE:
- In a bowl whisk together 1 -1/4 cup HOT water, granulated sugar, instant coffee mix, and the unsweetened cocoa.
- Pour carefully over cake batter.
- (Yes, DROWN THE CAKE - it'll pool at the bottom to make the sauce - see picture).
- Bake 35 minutes or until cake springs back when touched lightly in the center.
- SERVE WARM.
- Spoon cake and underlying sauce into individual dessert dishes.
- Top with Kicked Up Whipped Cream
- KICKED UP WHIPPED CREAM:
- Put cold heavy cream in a blender, add sugar and WHIP until hard; add whisky - (now look, you DON'T have to reach for 130 year old Kentucky Bourbon, but then again, if you're going to knock up the cream in proper Southern fashion, then you sort of have no choice), and vanilla and WHIP again.
- Spoon onto and around cake and chocolate.
- You could add your favorite orange liqueur in with the coffee, the taste will be added to the cake, though the alcohol will have evaporated off, AND you can also add it to the whipped cream.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cooksparow64 Sweetwater, TN
The Rating9 people
this is one kickin recipe thanks high 5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
wow sparrow this looks great yummmmmmmm i like it .............high 5 from meminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Looks delicious!mamalou in Attleboro loved it