Braised Chicken With Garlic And White WineFrom darbar 5 years ago
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts, or a whole chicken cut up. shopping list
- 10-12 cloves of garlic, peeled but left whole shopping list
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided shopping list
- 1 cups dry white wine shopping list
- 1 14 oz. can of low-sodium chicken broth (or homemade) shopping list
- 6 very large fresh thyme sprigs shopping list
How to make it
- Sprinkle chicken generously with salt and pepper.
- Heat 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil in heavy large pot or Dutch Oven over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken skin side down, and brown on both sides, about 6 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to plate and cover loosely with foil.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and garlic cloves to pot. Stir occasionally until garlic is golden brown, about 4 minutes. Add wine, broth and thyme; bring to boil. Return chicken to pot. Reduce heat to medium, cover, and simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer chicken to platter. Remove the thyme sprigs from the pot and dispose of them. Smash garlic cloves into sauce with a potato masher or remove and smash them in a mortar and pestle, and add them back to the pot. Add a bit of Wondra or flour while heating and whisking the sauce to make a gravy.
- Serve the chicken with rice, mashed potatoes or pasta, pouring the gravy over all.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookdarbar Elmhurst, IL
The Rating4 people
All that garlic sounds good with mashed potatoes to me. Looks like I know what I am doing this weekend with that chicken in the freezer. Thanks! :)frankieanne in Ukiah loved it
Love it!! High FIVE from here! Thanks for posting it! :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
I made this for dinner last night. The gravy was delicious! Not too garlicky at all. I used a potato masher on the garlic. It mixed in very easily. I used a whole chicken that I skinned so I cooked it about 45 minutes. Very easy! Thank you.frankieanne in Ukiah loved it