Christmas Gift Cherry Pound CakeFrom mystic_river1 7 years ago
- 1 1/4 cups butter or margarine, softened shopping list
- 2 3/4 cups sugar or stevia shopping list
- 5 large eggs shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 3 cups Pillsbury BEST® all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 (14 oz.) can EAGLE BRAND® sweetened condensed milk, divided shopping list
- 2 cups quartered maraschino cherries, well drained, reserving 1/3 cup juice shopping list
- chocolate frosting (recipe follows) shopping list
- Crisco® flour No-Stick Spray shopping list
How to make it
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Spray a 10-inch tube pan with flour no-stick cooking spray. In large bowl, with electric mixer, beat butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla on low speed until blended, then on high speed 5 minutes until light and fluffy.
- IN separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Add dry ingredients alternately with 1/2 cup EAGLE BRAND® to creamed mixture, mixing lightly after each addition. Fold in cherries. Turn batter into prepared pan.
- BAKE for 55 minutes. Cover loosely with foil, shiny side out; continue baking for 15 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Let cool in pan 5 minutes; invert cake onto rack and let cool completely.
- SPOON Chocolate Frosting over cooled cake. Store leftovers covered.
- CHOCOLATE FROSTING
- In medium saucepan, combine remaining EAGLE BRAND® with 2 (1-ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate. Cook and stir over low heat until chocolate melts and mixture is thickened. Stir in cherry juice.
- Holiday Mini Cherry Pound Cakes: Same recipe as above, using entire can of EAGLE BRAND® in batter and draining cherries completely. Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes or until light brown.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating12 people
great gift giving recipepeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
sounds delicious........thx fr the gift.....angieaugusta in Adelaide loved it
It does make a great gift, but I am afraid it will not go that far! My pack (family) will devour it in no time :)elgab89 in Toronto loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!