Crispy Shrimp ScampiFrom tinabeans 9 years ago
- 1/3 cup flour shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1 1/2 lb. small shrimp, deveined and shelled, tail off shopping list
- 2 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp dried onion flakes shopping list
- 1 teasp oregano shopping list
- 1/2 teasp basil shopping list
How to make it
- mix the flour, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper together in a small bowl. also, mince the garlic (or squeeze it through a garlic press) and mix it up with the onion flakes, oregano, and basil. set aside for step 3. and don’t forget to tell your housemate or someone to start the pasta.
- the next step is to dip the shrimp in flour, coat well, and lightly fry them on both sides in a skillet with olive oil until golden. a few minutes per side should do. (note: the reason i don’t just dip them all in flour and saute them all at once is that the flour coating tends to get loose and fall off...)
- when all the shrimp have been lightly fried, take them all out of the skillet. pour some new olive oil in. saute the garlic mixture until fragrant. add the shrimps back in. now saute for about 5 min until shrimp are well-cooked. some of the flour will come off and form crunchy bits… i am a big fan of those.
- serve with cooked pasta… watch them disappear very quickly.
The Cooktinabeans Boston, MA
- Not added to any groups yet!