black and white halfmoon cookiesFrom debcarlos 9 years ago
- 1 1/4 C flour shopping list
- 1/2 t baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 t salt shopping list
- 6 T unsalted butter, softened shopping list
- 1/2 C sugar shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 3/4 t vanilla shopping list
- 1/3 C lowfat buttermilk shopping list
- 2 C confectioners sugar shopping list
- 1T + 1t light corn syrup shopping list
- 1 t lemon juice shopping list
- 1 T unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
How to make it
- 1. preheat oven to 350 degrees
- 2 sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- 3. mix butter until creamy. add the sugar and beat until fluffy. mix in egg and 1/2 t vanilla. mix in the flour mixture in 3 batches, alternating with the buttermilk.
- 4. spoon batter onto cookie sheet and bake from 10-12 minutes or until the bottoms start to turn brown. let cool on cookie rack.
- 5. whisk confectioners sugar, corn syrup, remaining vanilla and 1 T water together until smooth. transfer half to small bowl and mix in the cocoa. spread vanilla icing on one half of each cookie and the chocolate on the other half of each cookie.
- 6. eat and enjoy! repeat until happy!
People Who Like This Dish 136
The Cookdebcarlos Chicago, IL
The Rating18 people
oops, i guess this thing does not accept 'dashes'. cooking time should be 10 to 12 minutes and it makes about 15 to 20 cookies.debcarlos in Chicago loved it
I'm baking these *right* now!
thanks.kristopher in San Francisco loved it
Repeat until happy... I love it! Got this recipe saved under "try real soon."sweetwords in Raleigh loved it