Autumn Spinach And Italian Sausage CasseroleFrom mystic_river1 6 years ago
- 3/4 pound fresh italian sausage links shopping list
- 2 10-ounce packages fresh spinach, cooked and well drained, or two 10-ounce packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained shopping list
- 1 19- or 15-ounce can white kidney beans (cannellini) or great northern beans, rinsed and drained shopping list
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 3/4 cup evaporated skim milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup grated Romano or parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel shopping list
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 1/3 cup fine dry bread crumbs shopping list
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 4 teaspoons melted shopping list
How to make it
- In a large skillet cook sausage over medium heat about 8 minutes or until no pink remains, turning often.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Slice into bite-size pieces.
- In a large mixing bowl combine cooked sausage, spinach, beans, onion, milk, 1/4 cup of the Romano or Parmesan cheese, lemon peel, lemon juice, nutmeg, and pepper.
- Transfer mixture to a greased 2-quart oval or square baking dish.
- For topping, in a small mixing bowl combine bread crumbs, remaining 1/4 cup of the Romano or Parmesan cheese, garlic, and melted margarine or butter; sprinkle atop casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 375 degrees F oven for 35 minutes or until heated through.
People Who Like This Dish 15
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating8 people
Wow Mystic, Just Perfect!goblue434 in Anniston loved it
This sounds great!sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
I made this last night for dinner, and it turned out awesome! Goes great with portabello mushrooms too! Thanks for sharing!darksideofthespoon in Timmins loved it