Potato-Sour Cream BiscuitsFrom cardinal54 6 years ago
- 8 ounces cubed peeled yukon gold potato shopping list
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk shopping list
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces shopping list
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour (about 7 3/4 ounces) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- cooking spray shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 450°
- Place potato in a medium saucepan; cover with water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until tender; drain.
- Return potato to pan.
- Add buttermilk, sour cream, and butter to pan; mash with a potato masher until smooth.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda in a large bowl.
- Add potato mixture; stir just until moist.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; knead lightly 5 times. Pat dough to 3/4-inch thickness.
- Cut with a 2-inch biscuit cutter into 15 biscuits.
- Place biscuits 2 inches apart on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 450° for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve warm.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookcardinal54 Cuthbert, GA
The Rating11 people
great recipe high5 thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
I love Yukon Gold potatoes! Thanks for another great recipe! FIVE :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
This sounds great! And low fat, too!!markeverett in Riverside loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!