Heath Bar Banana Rum BreadFrom sparow64 8 years ago
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 3-1/2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk shopping list
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 tablespoons dark rum or 2 teaspoons rum extract shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana(about 3 medium) shopping list
- 1 cup chopped nuts shopping list
- 1-1/3 cups (8 oz. pkg.) HEATH BITS 'O BRICKLE Toffee Bits, divided shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour two 8-1/2x4-1/2x2-1/2-inch baking pans.
- In large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add milk, oil, rum, egg and banana; stir with spoon until well blended.
- Stir in nuts.
- Spread 1-1/4 cups batter into bottom of each prepared pan.
- Top each batter with 1/2 cup toffee bits.
- Gently spread about 1 cup remaining batter into each pan.
- Sprinkle remaining bits over batter.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean. (Bread will have slight sink in center.)
- Remove from oven to wire rack. With knife, loosen bread from sides of pan.
- Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans.
- Cool completely.
The Cooksparow64 Sweetwater, TN
The Rating11 people
OH YEAH BABY..........I gonna kick up the rum....hahahahaha
Love the recipe......great postgrizzlybear in loved it
hey i love this with the rum and heath yum ........*5*minitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Oh yum, this is great!!! Thanks for sharing it!! ~Laura ;Dlaurakaay in Oroville loved it
Comfort Foods773 members
Anything Goes289 members
Coffee Talk123 members
Friends In The Kitchen316 members
Heat In The Kitchen316 members
Country Cooking With A Twist22 members
Its Party Time97 members
Christmas Is Coming55 members
Good Friends And Good Ole Country Cooking40 members
Cookie SwapARama67 members