Lemon Bundt Cake With Whiskey ToppingFrom keni 5 years ago
- 1 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups sugar shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 3 cups flour shopping list
- juice and zest from 1 lemon shopping list
- 2t whiskey(or vanilla) shopping list
- 2t baking powder shopping list
- 1/2t salt shopping list
- 3/4 cup buttermilk or sour cream shopping list
- Glaze: shopping list
- juice from 3 lemons shopping list
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar shopping list
- water, if needed for consistency shopping list
- Topping: shopping list
- 1 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 1 1/2-3 T powdered sugar shopping list
- 1t whiskey shopping list
How to make it
- Combine flour, lemon zest, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time mixing well after each one.
- Add Whiskey(or vanilla) and lemon juice and mix until well combined
- Slowly add dry ingredients alternately with milk until all combined.
- Pour into a well greased Bundt pan and bake at 350 for about 1 hour or until toothpick comes out clean, from center.
- Let cool about 15 minutes and remove from pan to wire rack.
- In medium bowl, combine Glaze ingredients and mix until smooth, adding water, if needed, a drop at a time.
- Pour over cake on rack and then let cool, completely.
- In mixing bowl, combine cream and Whiskey and beat until soft peaks form.
- Add sugar and mix until combined
- Serve over cooled slices of cake
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookkeni Sweet Home, AL
The Rating3 people
Lemon...mmmm...oh yeah and whiskey! YAY!!!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
Keni- I made this and it is utterly delicious! Not only did I love it but 4 of my GF's raved about it and they all wanted the recipe! Good job! This one stays in my permanent recipe file!!!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it