Beef Pot Pie - Beef And Slick DumplingsFrom mrjwjohnson 6 years ago
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil shopping list
- 3 -4 lb. beef chuck, arm blade or cross rib pot roast shopping list
- 1/2 c. chopped onions shopping list
- 4 celery ribs, chopped shopping list
- 14 oz beef broth shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 tsp. pepper shopping list
- 8 sm. potatoes, halved shopping list
- 8 carrots, quartered shopping list
- Pot Pie Squares (the slick dumpling) shopping list
- 3 cups flour shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 1 T. vegetable shortening shopping list
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup water shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium heat and add beef, brown on all sides. Add salt and pepper celery, onions, and beef broth, reduce to low heat; cover; simmer 2 hours.
- For pot pie squares, in a large bowl combine the flour, egg, and shortening together. Knead this dough mixture, while alternately adding small amounts of water until the dough holds together well. Divide the dough into two or three pieces. Roll each piece to about 1/8" thick on a floured board. Cut the rolled out dough into squares - about 2 inches to 2-1/2 inches wide. Allow the freshly made pot pie noodle squares to dry for about 30 minutes or more before cooking.
- Remove the beef from the broth and cut or shred the cooked beef into bite size pieces. Add water to measure 3 quarts and then add the potatoes and carrots to the simmering broth. Cook for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add the pot pie squares to the broth mixture, a few at a time, stirring frequently so they don't stick together. After all have been added, cook gently for about 6 to 8 minutes or until the noodles are tender.
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cookmrjwjohnson Delmar, MD
The Rating6 people
The next time I make a pot roast I'm making this recipe. Thanks. L.lasaf in St. Paul loved it
This sounds yummy!mamalou in Attleboro loved it
This sounds just like a dish my best friend from high school used to have on weekends! Can't wait to make this.m11andrade in Kankakee loved it