South of The Border Fiesta Pork PieFrom mystic_river1 6 years ago
- 1 tablespoon LAND O LAKES® butter shopping list
- 1/3 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 3/4 pound boneless pork loin, cut into bite-sized strips shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch shopping list
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes shopping list
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed, drained shopping list
- 1/2 cup frozen whole kernel corn shopping list
- 2 teaspoons chile powder shopping list
- 4 ounces (1 cup) LAND O LAKES® cheddar cheese, shredded shopping list
- Crust Ingredients: shopping list
- 1 (11 1/2-ounce) container refrigerated cornbread twists shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in 12-inch skillet until sizzling; add onion. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened (2 to 3 minutes).
- Add pork; cook, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink (3 to 5 minutes).
- Stir in cornstarch.
- Add tomatoes, beans, corn and chili powder; continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until mixture comes to a boil (3 to 5 minutes). Remove from heat. Stir in cheese.
- Spoon pork mixture into ungreased 8-inch square baking dish.
- Unroll cornbread dough; separate to form 16 strips.
- Pinch ends of 2 strips together.
- Twist strips; pinch other ends together. Repeat with remaining strips.
- Place 4 twisted strips across pork mixture.
- Place remaining twisted strips crossways over first strips; cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake 20 minutes; remove foil.
- Continue baking for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating13 people
Looks delicious! Saving to try soon!mamalou in Attleboro loved it
Looks like another fine recipe! I am a big casserole fan. Oops sorry I put this in the wrong place.mark555 in Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World loved it
Hi there, This looks yummy. I will have to look for the cornbread twists. I have not seen them before. Thanks for the great post. :~)lura in Welcome To loved it
Back To Basics345 members
Grandma Junes Kitchen85 members
Just Love To Cook48 members
Winter Dishes56 members
Seasonally Fall81 members
Anything Goes286 members
Pork To Go97 members
THE COMPLAINT DEPT158 members
Pot Luck Entertaining102 members