Chicago Style Deep Dish PizzaFrom luisascatering 6 years ago
- For the dough: shopping list
- 1 cup warm water, (110 to 115 degrees) shopping list
- 1/3 cup olive oil (I prefer Extra light olive oil for this dough when I have it) shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt shopping list
- 3 cups all purpose flour, (up to 3-1/2) shopping list
- 1 package active dry yeast (2 1/2 teaspoons) shopping list
- For the tomatoes (prep while dough is rising): shopping list
- 2 cups "Muir Glen" fire roasted tomatoes (or chopped fresh roma tomatoes) shopping list
- 2 tsp. sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp. dried oregano, crumbled shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil leaves shopping list
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, smashed into a paste shopping list
- 1 tsp. kosher salt shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes (or a dash red cayenne pepper) shopping list
- Toppings (prep while dough is rising): shopping list
- 1/2 lb italian sausage, crumbled, cooked and drained of fat ( My favorite is Molinari Sicilian Sausage, with fennel (Hot or Sweet) shopping list
- 1/2 lb. fresh mushrooms, cleaned and sliced shopping list
- 1 large green pepper, quartered, seeded, and thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 medium sweet onion, thinly sliced and rinsed shopping list
- 2 cups shredded whole milk mozzarella cheese shopping list
- Freshly grated Parmegiano Reggiano cheese (as desired) shopping list
- sliced california black olives (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- For bread machine dough:
- Add all dough ingredients in order to your bread machine and run the dough cycle
- For manual dough:
- In the large bowl of an electric mixer, sprinkle yeast into warm water. Stir till dissolved. Stir in 1 1/2 cups of the flour; the 1/3 cup oil, and salt. With dough hook, beat at low speed 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly. Beat for 2 minutes at high speed, scraping bowl often. Stir in as much of the remaining flour as you can. Cover, with towel let rise in warm place till double. Punch down. Let rest 5 minutes.
- After some of the elasticity of the dough has lessened, roll it to about a 12 inch circle.
- Generously brush a heavy 10 x 2-inch round cake pan or 10-inch spring form pan with olive oil (I also add about 2 tablespoons of melted butter for flavor!)
- Turn dough into pan. Using hands spread dough evenly over bottom and partially up sides of pan. Cover; let rise till nearly double, about 30 minutes.
- For tomatoes:
- Mix fresh chopped tomatoes with remaining ingredients in bowl. Let marinate in fridge while dough is rising.
- To assemble the pizza, place the mozzarella in a single layer on top of the pizza dough (reserving 1/4 cup) so the surface is covered. Distribute the browned sausage over the cheese, then the vegetables. Add the chopped tomato mixture, distributing it evenly over the vegetables. Sprinkle on the remaining mozzarella. Sprinkle the top generously with grated Parmigianino Reggiano cheese and olives (if using).
- Bake in a preheated 450 degree oven about 25 minutes or until the edge of the dough is browned and the cheese is melted. Slice into thick wedges to serve.
People Who Like This Dish 44
The Cookluisascatering San Carlos, CA
The Rating14 people
Looks great, Can't wait to try..Markymarky90 in Dearborn loved it
I can't wait to sink my teeth into a piece of this pizza cause it looks incredible. definately a '5' forks from mebrianna in loved it
Ooooohhh... I totally want to marry you but my husband won't let me. I'll settle for trying all your recipes ;) Friday night is pizza night.hollymayb in Baltimore loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!