Cast Iron Skillet PizzaFrom frankieanne 8 years ago
- 10" or 12" cast iron frying pan shopping list
- Crust shopping list
- 1/2 package yeast shopping list
- 1/3 cup warm or room temperature water shopping list
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 3/8 tsp. salt shopping list
- 3/4 tsp. sugar shopping list
- Toppings shopping list
- 1/2 cup tomato paste (straight from the can) or tomato sauce or pizza sauce (whichever you prefer) shopping list
- 6 oz. your favorite cheese or cheese combination, shredded or sliced shopping list
- other toppings of your choice shopping list
- (Pictured is pepperoni and red onion.) shopping list
How to make it
- Add the yeast to the water and let it sit for 10 minutes. It should begin to look slightly foamy. Mix the flour, salt and sugar in a separate bowl. Add the yeast mixture to the dry ingredients. Stir until it is well mixed. The dough should be thick, requiring a little effort to mix it. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap or a clean towel. Let the dough rise in a warm or room temperature place for about two hours. Grease your cast iron pan lightly if it isn't already well seasoned.
- After the dough has risen, take it out of the bowl and lay it on a floured surface. Knead the dough around 50 times. It should be smoother and less sticky. With a rolling pin, roll it into a round shape and lift it into the pan. You can also push the dough in place in the pan with your fingers. The edges should come up a little on the sides of the pan to form a rim. Spread the sauce on the dough and add the other toppings. Bake in a preheated 425F oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until the cheese bubbles and the top is brown. Can be served right out of the pan.