Oktoberfest German Potato SaladFrom marky90 6 years ago
- 1 lb. bacon - fried, crumbled, grease reserved shopping list
- 9 med. potatoes - peeled, sliced, boiled until tender (In salted water) shopping list
- 1 large onion - sliced thin shopping list
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups distilled white vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 Tsp celery Seed shopping list
- 1/8 Tsp pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Toss together crumbled bacon, potatoes, and onion in a bowl; set aside.
- Melt bacon grease in saucepan over medium-high heat; stir in flour; slowly whisk in water and vinegar. Ouch, bacon grease so bad-but adds a great flavor and consistancy when you add the flour. Stir in sugar; celery seed and pepper. Continue cooking, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Pour hot mixture over potatoes in the bowl.
- Serve hot, or you can let chil .
- P.S Throw some Sliced Cooked Brats in this....
The Cookmarky90 Dearborn, MI
The Rating14 people
Yummy! Perfect for this time of the year!clbacon in Birmingham loved it
Yumm. I love German Potato Salad. Excellent recipe Marky!chihuahua in Sonoma County loved it
I could never resist an Oktoberfest Salad! 5+elgab89 in Toronto loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!