Chicken Thigh PieFrom jo_jo_ba 6 years ago
- 1 lb skinless, boneless chicken thighs, diced shopping list
- 1 cup sliced carrots shopping list
- 1 cup frozen green peas shopping list
- 2/3 cup sliced celery shopping list
- 2 tbsp butter shopping list
- 1/3 cup diced onion shopping list
- 1/3 cup flour shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary shopping list
- 1/2 tsp dried basil shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 2/3 cup evaporated skim milk shopping list
- Prepared pastry for a 9" double-crust pie shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Boil chicken, carrots, peas and celery in a pot of water for 15 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a saucepan, over medium heat, melt butter. Add onions and cook 7-8 minutes.
- Stir in flour, salt, pepper, and herbs, cook 2-3 minutes or until browned.
- Slowly stir in chicken broth and milk.
- Simmer rapidly, stirring, until thick.
- Add chicken mixture, stirring well. Remove from heat and allow to cool 15 minutes.
- Fill bottom pie shell with the chicken mixture.
- Cover with top crust, seal and cut 2-3 slits in top crust.
- Bake 20 minutes.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating3 people
very good and easy. I will let you know how it turns out.dutchie326 in Parker loved it
I made this yesterday and was asked for an encore this weekend. I gave it a five.dutchie326 in Parker loved it
Sounds really good, as the weather is starting to change. Great comfort food. Thanks!!! :) :) :)sharyl4 in Mohave Valley loved it
On A Budget557 members
Foodies That Follow WWs48 members
OrganicSustainable Farming Group170 members
Growing Your Own Herbs Vegetables384 members
Good To Freeze126 members
Comfort Foods770 members
Cooking Is Fun65 members
Everyday Chefs68 members
A Slice Of Pie126 members
Cooking With Kids38 members