Cube Steaks in GravyFrom shibattou 7 years ago
- 4 cube steaks shopping list
- flour, all purpose shopping list
- salt and pepper, to taste shopping list
- additional seasoning of your choice (optional) (don't over-salt) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided shopping list
- 1 small onion, chopped shopping list
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 1 (10-oz. can) condensed cream of mushroom soup shopping list
- 1 (10-oz. can) condensed golden mushroom soup shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 teaspoon Kitchen Bouquet shopping list
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce shopping list
- mashed potatoes (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Sprinkle cube steaks with a little salt, pepper and additional seasonings, if desired.
- Place some flour in a paper lunch bag then add a cube steak and shake it up to coat it in flour.
- Remove steak from bag and repeat with remaining cube steaks, setting them to the side for about 15 minutes to allow the flour to "set" to the meat.
- In a large skillet, brown steaks in 1 tablespoon butter until browned on both sides.
- Transfer them to a covered casserole dish.
- Sauté the onions and mushrooms in remaining tablespoon butter until softened, about 6 minutes.
- Place the onion/mushroom mixture over the browned cube steaks in the casserole dish.
- Mix the soups together until well combined.
- Add the minced garlic, Worcestershire sauce, Kitchen Bouquet, and stir until well combined.
- Pour soup mixture over cube steak and mushroom/onion mixture.
- Place in preheated 350*F. oven and bake for 1 1/2 hours.
- Serve with mashed potatoes.
The Cookshibattou Fort Mohave, AZ.
The Rating7 people
Awesome comfort food...thank you for sharing...=)debbie919 in Manahawkin loved it
Sounds good :)donman in Hammond loved it
YUM, this is a good recipe. I make mine similar but this is a must to make with some of your added ingredients my recipe didn't have. You have my 5henrie in Savannah loved it