Wienerschnitzel breaded veal cutletFrom lovingmybabbyalways 8 years ago
How to make it
- Heat the oil in a large skillet at medium high heat. Place each chop between two sheets of plastic and pound with the smooth side of a meat tenderizer until thin (1/4" - 3/8"). Beat the two eggs in a bowl that is wide enough to dip the meat into. Spread the bread crumbs onto a plate or flat surface. Take each cutlet, season with salt and pepper and dip both sides of meat into eggs to coat. Then coat the entire cutlet with the bread crumbs. Place in hot oil and cook on both sides until golden brown. It only takes about 1-2 minutes per side. Serve each cutlet with half a lemon on the side. Some people go ahead and squeeze the lemon onto the schnitzel before serving. I prefer to squeeze the lemon juice onto the meat just before I eat it. I prefer to serve with half a lemon, rather than wedges, because it is not as messy when you squeeze it. (Which you would appreciate if you have paper cut)!
- ** Some people serve this with a fried egg placed on top of the schnitzel.
People Who Like This Dish 10
- housewifeintraining Minneapolis, MN
- troy8418 Nowhere, Us
- trigger MA
- cookingforfun Marblehead, MA
- mrjwjohnson Delmar, MD
- elgab89 Toronto, CA
- binky67 Ellicott City, MD
- astoutyeoman Royersford, PA
- mark555 Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World, KS
- mamalou Attleboro, MA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cooklovingmybabbyalways Winchester VA, VA
The Rating16 people
I would never turn down a good schnitzel! One of my favoriteselgab89 in Toronto loved it
YUM, love the sound of this also. Great post, another 5 forks heading your way.henrie in Savannah loved it
Thats just how I make it! Great recipe
JJmrjwjohnson in Delmar loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!