Cedar Plank Salmon With Orange Balsamic GlazeFrom luisascatering 6 years ago
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice shopping list
- zest of 1 orange shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary shopping list
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste shopping list
- 4 salmon steaks or filets (about 6 ounces each) shopping list
How to make it
- Place orange juice, zest and sugar in a saucepan over high heat and bring to boil. Reduce by half and cool.
- Place reduction along with the rest of the ingrediants in a large sealable plastic bag. Shake well. Add salmon and refrigerate 1 hour. Meanwhile, soak a cedar plank for 1 hour and preheat charcoal grill.
- Remove steaks/filets from marinade. Position salmon on soaked cedar plank and place over hottest part of your grill. Close lid and grill until salmon to 120 degrees internal. Remove from grill, cover with foil and rest for 5 minutes.
- Note: while the salmon is grilling, we like to throw down fresh corn on the cob that has been rubbed with olive oil and spinkled with kosher salt. The corn picks up the wonderful flavor from the cedar. After it's nicely carmelized, take the cobs off the grill and rub butter all over them... enjoy!
People Who Like This Dish 18
The Cookluisascatering San Carlos, CA
The Rating10 people
I love salmon and think the orange will compliment the flavor nicely! Bookmarked.juels in Clayton loved it
This sounds fabulous and what a great picture. You have my 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
Yummy!!! Bookmarked for the next time I make salmon. Thank you, high five!angelinaw in St Louis loved it