Crock Pot Rustic Beef StewFrom chacha 7 years ago
- 1-1/2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 2 inch chunks shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika shopping list
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
- 2 onions, cut into chunks shopping list
- 4 medium - large potatoes, cut in quarters shopping list
- 2 carrots, cut into chunks shopping list
- 2 parsnips, cut into chunks(optional) shopping list
- Note: During the last 1/2 hour of cooking, you can add 1 leek that has been thoroughly rinsed and roughly chopped. shopping list
- 1 cup beef broth or water shopping list
- Note: You can also add 1/3 cup of red wine shopping list
- 2 - 3 tablespoons A1 or Heinz 57 sauce shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch shopping list
- 3 tablespoons water shopping list
How to make it
- Sprinkle beef with pepper, paprika and garlic powder.
- Place in a crock pot with onion, potato, carrots and parsnips.
- Add beef broth / water and steak sauce that have been mixed together.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 - 9 hours or until tender.
- Turn to HIGH.
- Dissolve cornstarch in water and add to the crock pot.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 20 minutes or until slightly thickened.
People Who Like This Dish 54
The Cookchacha New York, NY
The Rating11 people
Ooh....oooh.....oooh.....this sounds fantastic and so full of flavor. Great post and a high 5. I can see why this is one of your faves.chefmeow in Garland loved it
This is absolutely perfect for the winters that we experience. My family and I will most definitely enjoy this 'comfort' meal. Thanks so much for submitting it ChaCha.lor in Toronto loved it
Before I read Chefmeow's comment above, I too thought, "Ooh!" I love the red wine and leek in it. This will be pleasing!
Chichichihuahua in Sonoma County loved it