Scottish ShortbreadFrom 5galsandadad 5 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325
- Mix sugar and butter together.
- Add cornstarch and mix until all is blended.
- Slowly add the flour.
- If not using a stand mixer you will probably need to use your hands to add in the last of the flour.
- Mix until a ball forms.
- With your hands spread out the dough on a cookie sheet (dough will spread, so if you need to divide the dough do so).
- Pierce dough with a fork all over.
- Sprinkle with colored sugar or jimmies or sprinkles
- Bake 10-20 minutes or until the edges are slighlty browned.
- ****Let the cookies sit on the cookie tray for 2 mins then cut with a sharp knife.
- You can also roll out the dough and use with cut outs. Remember to pierce the cutouts with a fork.
People Who Like This Dish 25
The Cook5galsandadad Richmond, VA
The Rating13 people
I've tried these (snagged a while back from your post on the RE) and they are delicious! I was actually staring at my box of cornstarch earlier thinking about making more :-) Kooky!mrab03 in loved it
These sound wonderful, I love cookies made with cornstarch, makes them so light and airy. Great post and a high 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
I love a good shortbread with some hot tea. Thanks! Added this to the heirloom group...jett2whit in Union City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!