Walnut Filled Pillow cookiesFrom peetabear 8 years ago
- 1/2 cup cold butter shopping list
- 1 package (3 ounces) cold cream cheese shopping list
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 3/4 cup ground walnuts shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons milk shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract shopping list
- 1 egg, lightly beaten shopping list
- confectioners' sugar shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl, cut butter and cream cheese into flour until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Using your hands, blend mixture together until smooth dough forms, about 3 minutes. Pat into a rectangle; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm. For filling, combine the walnuts, sugar, milk and vanilla.
- Unwrap dough and place on a lightly floured surface. Roll into a 17-1/2-in. x 10-in. rectangle; cut into 2-1/2-in. squares. Place a level teaspoonful of filling in the center of each square. Moisten edges with water; fold in half and seal with a fork. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Brush with egg.
- Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 28 cookies.
People Who Like This Dish 13
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating10 people
These sound great Peeta we can have these with our morning tea.
Five forkstrigger in loved it
SOUNDS DELICIOUS - REMINDS ME OF MY GRANDMOTHERS
NUT ROLLS - LEEBEARleebear in Brookpark loved it
I love to try this. It looks so pillowy good!kidaria in BC loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!