Sauted Artichoke Hearts in Parsley-Lemon SauceFrom mystic_river1 5 years ago
- : shopping list
- 2 lemons shopping list
- 6 artichokes shopping list
- 3 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 2-4 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1/3 cup lemon juice shopping list
- 1/3 cup chicken or vegetable stock, or canned broth shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 2 Tbs. minced fresh flat-leaf parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Have a large bowl of water ready.
- Cut 1 of the lemons in half and squeeze the juice into the water.
- Working with 1 artichoke at a time, cut off the stem near the base.
- Peel back and snap off the first 1 or 2 layers of leaves, then cut off the top one-third of the artichoke. Starting at the base, break off the tough outer leaves, snapping them downward, until you reach the tender, pale green inner leaves.
- Cut off the uppermost part of the artichoke again, leaving about 1 inch of leaves rising.
- Trim around the base to make a smooth surface, then cut the artichoke in half lengthwise.
- If the center choke has developed any prickly tips, scoop it out with the edge of a spoon.
- If the choke is only furry, leave it, as it will be edible when cooked. Cut each half lengthwise into 4 pieces and drop them into the lemon water.
- Repeat with the remaining artichokes.
- When all the artichokes are trimmed, drain and pat dry.
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat, warm the olive oil.
- Add the garlic and the artichokes and sauté until the artichokes turn lightly golden, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Raise the heat to high, add the lemon juice and deglaze the pan, stirring to dislodge any browned bits from the pan bottom.
- Then add the stock and salt, reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer until the bases of the artichoke pieces are easily pierced with a fork, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the parsley and remove the pan from the heat.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the artichoke pieces to warmed individual plates or a serving platter or bowl.
- Spoon the pan sauce over the top.
- Cut the remaining lemon into slices and garnish the artichokes.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating15 people
Love artichokes, great recipe!juels in Clayton loved it
Yum, yum, yum. I am a huge fan of artichoke and this recipe sounds magnificent. Great post and a high 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
I love artichokes, thanks JoyMariemagali777 in Mexico loved it
Garlic Lovers460 members
Appetizers And Dips267 members
Eat Enjoy Your Veggies51 members
Checkin Central283 members
101 A Cheese Place143 members
Companys Coming115 members
Atichokes Anonymous61 members
Friends In The Kitchen312 members
Lemon Lovers166 members
Clean Eating47 members