Crawfish EtouffeeFrom meals4abby 7 years ago
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery shopping list
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 pounds peeled crawfish tails* shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 tsp. black pepper shopping list
- 1 Tbls. creole seasoning shopping list
- 1 tsp. thyme leaves shopping list
- 1 tsp. onion powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. white pepper shopping list
- hot sauce to taste shopping list
- 3 Tbls. all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups chicken or fish stock shopping list
- 1 cup finely chopped green onions shopping list
- 1 cup chopped, fresh parsley shopping list
- Hot cooked rice. shopping list
- *A lot of grocery stores and most seafood markets sell frozen, peeled crawfish tails that are ready for use. shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and next 3 ingredients; saute stirring constantly, 5 minutes.
- Stir in crawfish and next 7 ingredients; cook for 5 minutes. Stir in flour; cook stirring constantly for 2 minutes.
- Stir in stock gradually and cook over low heat for 20 minutes, stirring mixture occasionally.
- Stir in green onions and parsley; cook for 3 minutes. Serve over rice.
The Cookmeals4abby Valders, WI
The Rating10 people
PASS THE HOT SAUCE AND GIVE ME ANOTHER BEER PLEASE! DAMN GOOD POST, THANKS! HIGH 5 FROM ME!txbackyardcook in FORT WORTH loved it
good recipe, its better than mine...5 ptsfrodo in meadville loved it
I have never put thyme in my etouffee; I will have to try it next time. Great post and welcome to the site.m2googee in Tomball loved it