Jamaican Beef PattiesFrom jkstern 6 years ago
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder shopping list
- 1 dash salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup margarine shopping list
- 1/4 cup shortening shopping list
- 1/3 cup water shopping list
- 2 tablespoons margarine shopping list
- 1 pound ground beef shopping list
- 1 small onion, finely diced shopping list
- 1 teaspoon curry powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup beef broth shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, combine flour, 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder, and pinch of salt. Cut in 1/4 cup margarine and shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in water until mixture forms a ball.
- Shape dough into a log, and cut into 10 equal sections.
- Roll each section into a six inch circle (approximately 1/8 inch thick). Set aside.
- Melt margarine in a skillet over medium heat.
- Saute onion until soft and translucent.
- Stir in ground beef.
- Season with 1 teaspoon curry powder, thyme, 1 teaspoon salt, and pepper.
- Cook until beef is evenly brown, stirring constantly. S
- tir in beef broth and bread crumbs.
- Simmer until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat.
- Set aside to cool a bit
- Spoon equal amounts of filling into each pastry circle.
- Fold over and press edges together, making a half circle.
- Use a fork to press edges, and brush the top of each patty with beaten egg.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
The Cookjkstern Long Island City, NY
The Rating12 people
I have a recipe also for this...Hubby's family came from over there...zena824 in Somewhere, USA loved it
me and my sister love our caribbean country and patties so thanksgabrie90099 in dagenham loved it
sounds good thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!