Moist Medjool Dates Stuffed With Goat CheeseFrom mystic_river1 7 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat an oven to 375°F.
- Lightly oil a baking dish just large enough to hold the dates in a single layer.
- In a small fry pan over medium heat, warm the olive oil.
- Add the bread crumbs and cook, stirring constantly, until the bread crumbs are evenly golden brown, about 1 1/2 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat, transfer the bread crumbs to a plate and let cool.
- Using a small knife, make a small lengthwise incision in each date. Carefully remove the pits.
- Stuff 1 tsp. of the goat cheese into the cavity left by each date's pit. Arrange the dates, with the goat cheese side facing up, in the prepared dish.
- Sprinkle the bread crumbs evenly over the top.
- (The dates can be prepared up to this point up to 24 hours in advance. Store, tightly covered, in the refrigerator.)
- Bake the dates until warmed through, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving platter and serve warm.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating27 people
Very nice, Jm!! 55555 :)lanacountry in Macon loved it
Ahh yes...I sit her eating a Caramel Medjool Date as i read this very classic recipe...At one time these Jewel's were exclusive to royalty and the elitist...And here we are now...on line and me blessed being able to purchase such jewels by the pound....moreturtle66 in Sacramento loved it
WOWZA!!! I might have a holiday party just so I can serve these babies!misslizzi in Philadelphia loved it
Party Food316 members
Five Or Fewer180 members
All Holidays135 members
Appetizers And Dips269 members
Checkin Central284 members
101 A Cheese Place145 members
Companys Coming115 members
Friends In The Kitchen315 members
Unique And Unusual Recipes84 members