Holiday Butter CakeFrom chefbaudri 5 years ago
- 3 cups flour shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspooon baking soda shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 2 teaspoons rum or vanilla extract shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- butter Sauce: shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup butter shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons water shopping list
- 1-2 teaspoons rum or vanilla extract shopping list
- powdered sugar for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Generously grease and lightly flour 12 cup Bundt pan.
- In large bowl, blend all cake ingredients at low speed until moistened.
- Beat 3 minutes at medium speed.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 55-70 minutes until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- In small sacepan over low heat, combine all sauce ingredients, stirring occasionally until butter melts. DO NOT BOIL.
- Using long tined fork, pierce cake 10 - 12 times.
- Slowly pour hot sauce over cake.
- Remove cake from pan immediately after sauce has been absorbed, 5-10 minutes.
- Just before serving, dust top with powdered sugar.
The Cookchefbaudri Grand Rapids, MI
The Rating8 people
This looks wonderful!m2googee in Tomball loved it
What's not to love about this?? LOL Great recipes.sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
Yum, sounds decadent. Great post and a high 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!