Blue Cheese Crusted Steaks With Red Wine SauceFrom chefmeow 5 years ago
- 4 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic chopped shopping list
- 1 shallot chopped shopping list
- 1 tablespoon thyme chopped shopping list
- 1 cup beef broth shopping list
- 1/4 cup dry red wine shopping list
- 1/2 cup blue cheese coarsely crumbled shopping list
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs shopping list
- 1 tablespoon parsley chopped shopping list
- 4 bacon wrapped fillets shopping list
How to make it
- Melt one tablespoon butter in heavy skillet over medium high heat.
- Add garlic, shallot and thyme then sauté 5 minutes then add broth and wine.
- Boil until sauce is reduced to 1/2 cup approximately 12 minutes then set sauce aside.
- Blend cheese, bread crumbs and parsley in a small bowl then preheat broiler.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large heavy skillet over medium high heat.
- Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper then add steaks to skillet and cook 7 minutes per side.
- Transfer steaks to a baking sheet then reserve skillet with the pan juices.
- Press cheese mixture on top of steaks dividing evenly then broil 2 minutes.
- Transfer steaks to plates then pour sauce into the reserved skillet with juices.
- Bring to a boil scraping up browned bits then boil 2 minutes then stir in remaining butter.
- Season with salt and pepper then spoon sauce over steaks and serve.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating6 people
Oh, WOW! This sounds amazing. Have you ever tried it with steaks other than beef? What about buffalo?kitchenscientist in Sterling loved it
This is very unique and scrumptious!juels in Clayton loved it
Sounds like a fiver to me!mamalou in Attleboro loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!