Cranberry CheesecakeFrom lacrenshaw 8 years ago
- PUREE: shopping list
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries shopping list
- 1/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 1/3 cups water shopping list
- FILLING: shopping list
- 2 pounds cream cheese, room temperature shopping list
- 1 3/4 cups sugar shopping list
- 4 large eggs shopping list
- GLAZE: shopping list
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate chips shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 1/2 cup cranberry puree shopping list
How to make it
- Place cranberries, water and sugar in saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, or until berries "pop".
- Puree in a blender or food processor.
- Strain through a medium sieve.
- Set aside.
- NOTE: MAKES EXTRA PUREE
- Butter and parchment line an 8" springform pan.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream together softened chean cheese and sugar in a mixer bowl, scraping bowl well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Add all but about 1 cup of the cranberry puree.
- Cut puree through the batter with a knife as with marble cake.
- Place the cheesecake in a pan containing enough water to come halfway up the cheesecake pan.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hoursOR until center is almost set.
- Remove from oven.
- Cool cheesecake completely.
- Turn out onto a serving platter.
- Melt together the chocolate and water over low heat.
- Whisk in the cranberry puree until smooth and shiny.
- Pour glaze over cooled cheesecake, smoothing the top evenly with a spatula and allowing large dribbles to decorate the cake's sides.
- Garnish with holly leaves and cranberries.
- Serve with dollops of whipped cream.
- NOTE: This cake freezes well before glazing.
The Cooklacrenshaw Horsham, PA
The Rating8 people
awsome recipe love this cheesecake thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
yep you found my weakness cheesecakes is one and caramel is the other hahahaha i love cranberries too
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
oh I just got to your page and love all your recipes!
Midgemidgelet in Eastern loved it