State Fair Corn DogsFrom chefjeb 8 years ago
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal (not stoneground) shopping list
- 1 cup flour shopping list
- 3/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 4 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 1/2 - 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1/4 cup oil shopping list
- oil for deep frying shopping list
- 10 ice cream sticks shopping list
- 10 hot dogs shopping list
How to make it
- Push ice cream stick in each hot dog, set aside
- mix all ingredients (yes 1/4 cup oil goes in batter)
- mix well until no lumps.
- Start with 1/2 cup milk and add as necessary until batter is similar to pancake.
- Drop in 360 - 370 degree oil and fry until golden.
- Remove with tongs and drain on paper bag or paper towls.
- Note: You can purchase the sticks in the craft section of Wal-Mart and craft stores. I used a bread loaf pan for the oil, so it wouldn't take as much. Don't overfill, fill only halfway. Fry two at a time. They cook quick.
People Who Like This Dish 50
The Cookchefjeb Carthage, MS
The Rating9 people
OMG... I love these things... they are one of the reasons I go to the stock shows and fairs.. that and funnel cakes... THANK YOU!
Question, what is the diffrence between the corn meals? I have seen several times that statement.linebb956 in La Feria loved it
I had to make these... They were very very good. The only thing I will change is, the hot dogs I had were 4-1. That means quarter pounders... WAY TO BIG. Hubby did not think so, neither did Grandson... but I did. Next dogs I get will be the 5-1....morelinebb956 in La Feria loved it
Wonderful, excellent! Thank you!!! I had these last night and they were great!! I loved them and so did my dad! He loves corndogs!!! Got my 5!jlophoenixrising in Riley loved it