Pineapple Sour Cream PieFrom lacrenshaw 6 years ago
- 1 9" pastry shell, baked OR bought shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 20 ounces canned crushed pineapple, undrained shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 3 large egg yolks, beaten shopping list
- MERINGUE: shopping list
- 3 large egg whites shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar shopping list
- 6 tablespoons sugar (or less) shopping list
How to make it
- Have prepared set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat egg yolk in a large bowl.
- Set aside.
- Combine sugar and flour in large saucepan.
- Stir in pineapple and sour cream until combined.
- Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly.
- Reduce heat.
- Cook and stir two minutes longer.
- Remove pan from heat.
- Stir small amount of hot filling into yolks, stirring to be sure egg doesn't cook.
- Return all to pan, stirring constantly.
- Bring to a gentle boil.
- Cook and stir 2 minutes longer.
- Remove from heat.
- Pour into pastry shell.
- In small mixing bowl, beat the egg whites, vanilla extract and cream of tartar on medium speed until soft peaks form.
- Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, until stiff and glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved.
- Spread meringue evenly over hot filling, sealing edges to crust.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until merigue is golden.
- Remove from oven.
- Cool on wire rack for 1 hour.
- Refrigerate at least three hours before serving.
- Refrigerate leftovers (Ha!).
The Cooklacrenshaw Horsham, PA
The Rating6 people
OMG, this sounds absolutely amazing. Great picture, great ingredients, good all over. Yummers and a high 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
this sounds absolutely fabulous! High 5!sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
this sounds soo soo good!morninlite in Kalamazoo loved it